Sunday, March 13, 2016

Why do I like English class?

I enjoy English class because, like history, we get to read/listen to interesting stories, but it goes far beyond just reading the story. In English class, we analyze the text to better know what the story is talking about, we research the authors who wrote the stories to see what influences they had from their lives, and experiences to understand how they came up with their stories,  and we discuss the story amongst each other, to hear everyone's perspectives, and opinions. English class has also taught me how to use word choice to make my writing clear, and easy to read (Despite my pretty bad hand writing.), how to use words to set the tone of my text, how to build a setting, plot,characters, conflict, theme, etc, and how to make an argument, and provide evidence through citing, self-relation, and real-world examples. But the thing that I learned that I am the most proud of is how to truly enjoy reading a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment